The all-new Renault Scénic – available to order now from Brayleys
The all-new Renault Scénic is a very different kind of MPV. With modern, assertive design that is more crossover than people carrier, it breaks away from convention thanks to its head-turning proportions, as well as 20” wheels and two-tone paintwork as standard. But the new Scénic is still a people carrier that delivers on its promise of practicality and usability, with a flexible and spacious interior offering excellent levels of comfort and technology, and huge versatility thanks to adaptable seating and storage solutions that make it a pleasure to live with. Available to order now from Brayley Renault, contact us to find out how you can be one of the first on the road in this groundbreaking vehicle.
The new Renault Scénic 2017 has been inspired by the revolutionary R-Space concept car of 2011, and marks a major shift in design language, with a lower, sweeping roofline, wider stance and higher ride-height. The broad shoulders of the fourth-generation Scénic are accentuated further by large 20” wheels, which are standard fitment across the range. These wheels are a standout feature in the MPV class and give the new Scénic a premium, modern look. Fitted with tyres that are relatively narrow, for low rolling resistance, and with a conventional sidewall height, to ensure best-in-class ride comfort, the new Scénic compromises nothing for its bold design. Despite such innovative features and invigorating design, Renault Scénic prices start from just £21,605, which represents amazing value for money.
The Scénic has always been a home-away-from-home for families, and the new model remains true to this habitable appeal, thanks to an adaptable interior and class-leading storage features and boot space. It boasts a best-in-class boot volume of 572 litres with all seats in place, while inventive storage solutions include four underfloor compartments, which extend total storage capacity by 57 litres, and a sliding centre console, a key feature of all Scénics, which provides up to 13 litres of additional storage capacity and has a lit stowage area, integrated armrest and charging and connection points, such as USB ports, an audio jack socket and a 12V socket. The front passenger seat back can be tipped forward to form a small table on certain models, and in all versions the two parts of the 60/40-split, second-row seat slide forwards and backwards independently.
The Scénic is offered in four trim levels: Expression+, Dynamique Nav, Dynamique S Nav and Signature Nav. Each version provides a comprehensive standard specification, with even the Expression+ featuring high-end technology:
- Visio active safety system providing Lane Departure Warning, Traffic Sign Recognition and automatic high/low beam headlamps
- LED daytime running lights
- Automatic dual-zone climate control
- Automatic headlights and windscreen wipers
- 4 x 20W DAB radio with fingertip controls and Bluetooth connectivity
- Seven-inch touchscreen display
- Cruise control and speed limiter
Dynamique Nav gains premium features that improve both the comfort and convenience for all passengers, as well as adding a touch more design flair:
- Arkamys 3D Sound 4x35W DAB radio
- Seven-inch touchscreen housing the R-Link2 multimedia system with satellite navigation with live traffic updates and Western European mapping
- Seatback-mounted tables
- One-touch easy folding rear seats – activated either inside the boot or via the R-Link2 multimedia system
- Handsfree keycard system with walkaway lock and welcome functionality
- LED interior reading lights and exterior puddle lighting under the door mirrors
Exterior chrome trim detailing The Dynamique S Nav provides unique-in-segment technology and features that improve cabin ambience further:
- 8.7-inch portrait touchscreen housing R-Link2 multimedia system and head-up colour display
- Rear parking camera
- Panoramic glass roof with electric sunblind
- Electrochrome rear view mirror
- BOSE 11-speaker sound system
The top-of-the-range Signature Nav brings executive interior features that make the new Scénic a truly luxurious experience:
- Carbon Black leather upholstery with Nappa leather steering wheel
- Electrically-operated height and lumbar adjustment for front seats with courtesy function and driver’s seat position memory function
- Full LED headlights with ‘See Me Home’ function and front fog lights with cornering function
- The Safety Pack – includes Lane Keeping Assist and Safe Distance Warning, while Safety Pack Premium adds Adaptive Cruise Control.
- Parking Pack Premium – includes handsfree parking, 360-degree parking sensors and blind spot warning.
- Look Pack Premium – panoramic glass roof with electrically operated sunblind, tinted rear and tailgate windows and electrochrome rear-view mirror.
- The BOSE Pack – BOSE sound system with eleven speakers including an amplifier and subwoofer.
- The Leather Pack Premium – full leather upholstery, driver and front passenger seats with electric height and lumbar adjustment, heated front seats, driver seat with position memory and courtesy functions and front passenger seat with ISOFIX and under-seat storage.
- Other options include rear parking camera, full LED headlights, 8.7-inch portrait touchscreen, Nappa leather steering wheel and metallic paint.
The all-new Scénic continues Renault’s tradition of offering some of the safest cars in their respective classes. It’s been given a five star safety rating by Euro NCAP, thanks to a comprehensive suite of passive and active safety features that are standard across the range. These include Active Emergency Braking System (AEBS) with Pedestrian Detection, making the Scénic the only compact MPV with this technology as standard. It monitors the environment around the Scénic, and acts accordingly by warning the driver of any objects in close proximity and applying the brakes if it senses a collision.
Other standard safety systems include six airbags, ABS with Electronic Brake-force Distribution, ESC (Electronic Stability Control) with traction and understeer control and Hill Start Assist. Dynamique Nav adds to this with further driver aids such as front and rear parking sensors and fatigue alert, while optional safety packs bring Lane Keeping Assist, Safe Distance Warning and Adaptive Cruise Control.
Renault’s Multi-Sense system is standard on Dynamique Nav and above and enables drivers to personalise their driving experience by selecting from five modes – Neutral, Comfort, Eco, Perso and Sport – to alter the driving setup and interior ambience. It adjusts the accelerator pedal and engine response, engine sound, steering weight and interior lighting ambience and – when fitted – the speed of the Efficient Dual Clutch (EDC) gear changes. The system is accessed via the R-LINK 2 display through a button on the centre console. To experience the Multi-Sense system in the all-new Scénic, pre-book your test drive with Brayley Renault now.
From launch, there is a choice of five engines – two Energy TCe petrol engines and three dCi diesel engines:
- 115hp Energy TCe turbocharged 1.2-litre petrol (manual only)
- 130hp Energy TCe turbocharged 1.2-litre petrol (manual only)
- 110hp dCi 1.5-litre diesel (manual or EDC)
- 130hp dCi 1.6-litre diesel (manual only)
- 160hp dCi 1.5-litre diesel (EDC only)
Thanks to a host of intelligent efficiency technologies, the Renault Scénic can offer fuel economy of up to 72.4mpg combined, with CO2 emissions as low as 100g/km. These include Stop&Start and brake energy recovery systems, which are standard across the range; an ECO driving mode, which optimises the engine’s performance when cruising; and the Renault Driving eco2 feature, which helps owners adopt a more economical driving style.
Renault’s innovative Hybrid Assist will also be available with the dCi 110 diesel, six-speed manual Scénic. An electric motor powered by a 48-volt battery takes over some of the work of the diesel engine to provide lower fuel consumption and CO2 emissions without compromising the driving experience and engine performance. During deceleration, energy is recovered for the vehicle’s electrical system and stored in the system’s independent battery, enabling the system to provide a fuel consumption improvement over the standard model of up to 10 per cent. This results in class-leading emissions of 92g/km of CO2 and economy of up 80.7mpg combined.