Top Gear’s Car of the Year 2023 is a high-performance electric hatchback that’s impressive in so many ways. For a start, it sports a super-contemporary look that borders on the futuristic – and yet it’s a vehicle that’s very easy to live with.
Larger than the average hatchback, the IONIQ 5 N features wide-opening rear doors and offers generous leg and headroom in both compartments, even with five adults on board. Furthermore, a 480-litre boot grows to a not-inconsiderable 1,540-litre volume with rear seats dropped.
The IONIQ 5 N demands attention. At the front, it features an N Mask graphic fascia and striking mesh grille; at the rear, a conspicuous wing-style N spoiler helps deliver optimal aerodynamism. The car sits low to the ground, allowing it to grip better and minimise the risk of rollover when cornering.
Super quick, super-efficient
An electric motor is powered by a 585kW lithium-ion polymer battery, delivering 641bhp and 545Nm of torque. This facilitates 0-62mph in 3.4 seconds and a top speed of 161mph – make no mistake, the IONIQ 5 N is racetrack-ready. Naturally, since it’s 100% electric, it’s very affordable to run and entirely Clean Air Zone compliant.
IONIQ 5 NStarting from £65,000.00
● 21-inch forged alloy wheels
● Orange brake calipers
● Automatic High Beam Assist dual-LED headlights
● LED daytime running lights
● LED taillights
● High-mounted LED stop light
● Rear LED foglamps
● LED positioning lights
● Electrically adjustable, folding and heated door mirrors
● Automatic dusk-sensing wipers
● Rear privacy glass
● Laminated-glass windows
● Solar-glass windscreen and front windows
● Auto-defog windscreen
● Heated rear windscreen
● Hands-free smart tailgate
● Keyless entry with power on/off button
● Dual-zone climate control and heat pump
● Heated and ventilated bucket seats
● Heated N Performance leather steering wheel
● Aluminium performance pedals
● Heated and sliding outer rear seats
● Drive Modes: Normal, ECO, Sport and N Performance
● Smart regenerative braking (paddle-shift assisted)
● Rear-occupancy alert
● 64-colour ambient lighting
● ISOFIX child-seat anchorage points
Brayleys Cars Limited is an appointed representative of ITC Compliance Limited which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (their registration number is 313486). Permitted activities include advising on and arranging general insurance contracts and acting as a credit broker not a lender.
We can introduce you to a limited number of finance providers. We do not charge fees for our Consumer Credit services. We typically receive a payment(s) or other benefits from finance providers should you decide to enter into an agreement with them, typically either a fixed fee or a fixed percentage of the amount you borrow. The payment we receive may vary between finance providers and product types. The payment received does not impact the finance rate offered.
All finance applications are subject to status, terms and conditions apply, UK residents only, 18’s or over, Guarantees may be required.