- Last Updated: 26 August 2016
Fuel saving tips from Kia
Save fuel and save pounds – it’s easy to do with these fuel saving tips from Kia. Kia has produced a really useful video showing you how to get the very best fuel economy with only a few simple and easy to follow steps when you’re driving your Kia.
Here’s a summary of the main points, but take a look at the video for all the details.
- Don’t carry around lots of stuff you don’t need – extra weight requires more fuel to shift it
- ISG, Intelligent Stop and Go, on your Kia can save up to 12% on your fuel usage
- Avoid traffic jams by travelling when the roads are less congested whenever possible
- Read the road ahead to avoid heavy acceleration and braking
- Turn off heating and air conditioning when they’re not needed
- Cutting your speed from 70mph to 50mph can save up to 25% on your fuel use
- Keep your tyres at the recommended pressures
- Have your Kia regularly serviced at the recommended service intervals