The New Mazda CX-3 takes on Mitsubishi’s ASX in a battle of the crossovers.
The New Mazda CX-3 and Mitsubishi ASX go head-to-head in Auto Express’ comprehensive test of design, interior and performance. Can the New CX-3 come out on top in this tough battle?
Of the styling, Auto Express say the Mazda’s curves and rakish lines make it a head-turner, meaning it has no problem standing out when compared to the ASX. Possessing a sporty and dominant on-road stance and it’s unrivalled level of styling, it’s easy to see why Auto Express came to this conclusion.
Moving inside, Auto Express came to a similarly comprehensive decision, with the CX-3’s touch-screen and rotary controller putting the ASX’s to shame, boasting superior levels of ease of use as well as an easily navigable interface. Couple this superiority with the lower CO2 emissions of the CX-3 than that of the ASX, and it isn’t difficult to see why CX-3 came out on top. Sporting a punchier, more refined performance, the CX-3's engaging handling and smooth ride were praised. Add in better economy and a reasonable kit list, the Mazda is an easy winner.
Key features of the New Mazda CX-3:
- i-ACTIVSENSE safety systems, SKYACTIV technology and KODO: Soul of Motion design language
- MZD-Connect with 7” colour touchscreen and Multimedia commander
- Multifunction steering wheel, DAB radio and Bluetooth
- Cruise control, Dynamic Stability Control, Hill Hold Assist and Tyre Pressure Monitoring
- 60:40 split fold rear seats and generous 350-litre boot
- Front-wheel drive or new-generation all-wheel drive system
- Front-wheel drive SKYACTIV-D 105PS offers up to 70.6mpg and emissions of just 105g/km
The All New-Mazda CX-3 is now available to order with prices starting from £17,595. Read the full head-to-head from Auto Express.