This ultra innovative unit is a 2.0 litre petrol engine with four cylinders. It features unique Spark Plug Controlled Compression Ignition (SPCCI) technology. The spark ignition of a petrol engine is combined with the compression ignition of a diesel. This results in more power and better economy, and also reduces emissions. You can find SKYACTIV-X on both the Mazda3 and the Mazda CX-30.
ADVANTAGES OF THE SKYACTIV-X ENGINE INCLUDE:
- Improves fuel economy by 20 to 30% - expect up to 52.3mpg in the Mazda3 (medium cycle)
- More available power - 180PS at 6,000 rpm
- Increases torque by 10 to 30% - an impressive 224Nm at 3,000 rpm
- Lower CO2 emissions – from just 96g/km (depending on transmission and wheel size)
- Delivers unparalleled engine response
- More leeway in choosing gear ratios
The Mazda3 and the CX-30 also benefit from M Hybrid technology. This smart 24V mild hybrid system recovers energy created when braking and slowing down. As a result, it augments engine power and boosts the electrical system, reducing fuel consumption.
Interested to find out more about the latest Mazdas and SKYACTIV engines? Contact your local Brayley Mazda dealer Hertfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Essex and North London Area. You’re assured of a great welcome, personal attention and expert advice from our helpful team.