The new Mazda6 Tourer: as practical, economical and stylish as always; sharper, quieter and more sophisticated than ever
Practical, stylish and highly desirable, the new Mazda6 Tourer is now even better from behind the wheel. With technology that has been developed to improve refinement and comfort for all passengers, while enhancing feedback and response for the driver, the 2017 Mazda6 Tourer is a more accomplished all-rounder than it’s ever been. Always one of the most emotive, most capable driving experiences in its class, the Mazda6 Tourer now leads the way.
The new Mazda6 Tourer sees the first application from the new series of SKYACTIV-VEHICLE DYNAMICS technologies, G-Vectoring Control (GVC). This utilises integrated control of the engine, transmission and chassis to enhance the connection between car and driver, varying engine torque to optimise the load on each wheel. Providing more precise steering when entering a corner, and more relaxed steering when driving in a straight line, it makes for a more satisfying, more pleasurable drive no matter what the circumstances.
The award-winning line-up of highly efficient SKYACTIV-D diesel engines remains, but the engines are now even smoother and sharper. Natural Sound Smoother (NSS) technology improves refinement to exceptional levels, while the utilisation of Transient Control to reduce turbo lag means they provide petrol-like throttle response and flexibility. Combined with an exceptionally low CO2 figure of 110g/km and fuel consumption of up to 67.3mpg, the Mazda6 Tourer boasts one of the best engines not only for its class, but in the world.
Mazda6 Tourer Photos
Highlights of the new Mazda6 Tourer include:
- Highly efficient 145PS and 165PS SKYACTIV-G petrol and 150PS and 175PS SKYACTIV-D diesel engines
- Natural Sound Smoother (NSS) technology for improved diesel refinement
- G-Vectoring Control improves stability, agility, grip and comfort
- Available in eight colours, including new Machine Grey Metallic
- New technology includes enhanced colour head-up display with Traffic Sign Recognition and pedestrian recognition for Smart City Brake Support