The revolutionary and radical new Civic is available to test drive now at Brayley Honda
The reinvented, reimagined, redefined, all-new Honda Civic 5 Door moves the game on, thanks to the most comprehensive model development programme in Honda’s history. And it’s available to test drive at Brayley Honda now. It is a move to the future, with innovative technology and clever design solutions that mean it’s better to drive, easier to live with and more exciting to own than ever before. Read on to find out more about the features, specification and technology of the new Civic 5 Door. Or contact Brayley Honda to arrange a test drive of this exciting new model. To find out more about Civic pricing take a look at our Civic pricing table.
A powerful presence
The Civic 5 door sports a sharp, provocative silhouette that reflects its focused drive, while simultaneously optimising its aerodynamics. Wider, longer, lower, it has an athletic stance and poised posture that leaves you in no doubt about its sporty nature. Taut lines and an aggressive face give it a bold new look that makes it stand out on the streets, while LED daytime running lights ensure the 5 Door's face isn't one you forget, and its new larger, wider wheels further emphasise its powerful presence. It’s a purposeful design that really does tell all. Looking for even more sport? Take a look at the Honda Civic Sport.
Focused on you
The interior of the 2017 Civic 5 Door connects car and driver seamlessly. The sweeping dashboard is angled toward the driver and displays all the information you need, while the driving position is lower, for a more secure, enveloping feel. With every control engineered for a more connected feel with the road, the new Civic feels sporty from the moment you make your first move. Improved noise insulation, more comfortable and adjustable seating and the use of soft touch, high quality materials mean the new Civic feels more luxurious than ever as well. Simple and sophisticated in design with the latest technology, it’s your control centre stylishly refined.
Room to move
There is space to spare for you and your passengers in the new Civic hatchback. More shoulder room and legroom, combined with more adjustment for front and rear seat passengers, mean the Civic makes light of long journeys, while a class-leading boot capacity of 478 litres allows you to pack anything and everything you need. Practical features can be found throughout the cabin, including split/fold rear seats, a low sill height and wide boot opening, and a hidden underfloor boot compartment. Sophisticated, premium, spacious and practical, the Civic is a car for all journeys, and all eventualities.
A highlight of the Civic’s interior is its technology centre. A 7” colour touchscreen sitting on top of the centre console controls many of the vehicle’s systems, including climate control and the DAB radio. In front of the driver, there’s also a new 7” colour TFT-LCD driver information interface, which displays all instrumentation digitally. You can switch between a variety of infotainment screens, including navigation instructions, SMS and email text (complemented by voice activated responses), audio track information and journey trip information. This display can be controlled by a thumb pad on the steering wheel, so your hands never have to leave the wheel. The technology centre also provides the perfect place to put all your electronic devices, with an integrated wireless smartphone charging pad (depending on grade), LED lighting and wire-tidy feature.
Your eyes and ears
The Civic 5 Door comes with Honda SENSING as standard, which features a suite of advanced technologies to keep you and your passengers safe and sound on every journey:
- Collision mitigation braking system: brings the car to a stop if the system senses a collision is imminent
- Lane departure warning: alerts the driver if the car is crossing lanes unintentionally
- Road departure mitigation: combines corrective steering and braking force if it detects the car veering off the road
- Lane keeping assist system: makes small steering adjustments to keep the car in its lane
- Adaptive cruise control: follows the vehicle in front from a pre-selected distance
- Intelligent adaptive cruise control: predicts and automatically reacts to vehicle movements on multi-lane roads
- Traffic sign recognition: reads road signs and displays the information on the driver information interface
- Intelligent speed assistance: automatically adjusts the Civic’s speed to comply with the last road sign
Further standard and optional safety technologies include:
- Blind spot information: uses radar technology to alert of vehicles in the driver’s blind spot
- Cross traffic monitor: uses rear side radar sensors to warn the driver of approaching vehicles when reversing
- Multi-angle rear view camera: provides complete visibility of the Civic’s surroundings, with 130 degree, 180 degree and top-down views of the car
- Vehicle stability assist with traction control: enhances control while the vehicle is accelerating, braking and cornering
- Indirect tyre pressure monitoring system
Inside the new Civic is the second generation of Honda’s Connect touchscreen infotainment and connectivity system. It offers enhanced intuitive operation and full smartphone integration, meaning you’re linked seamlessly to everything you could need: contacts, entertainment and data.
- Apple CarPlay brings iPhone functionality to the driving experience. You can get directions, make calls, send and receive messages and listen to music using the touchscreen or by voice control, using Siri commands. Supported apps include phone, messages, maps, music and more.
- Android Auto gives drivers a simple, intuitive way to use Android smartphones through both touch and voice interfaces. Google Maps, Google Now, messaging, music and more are all compatible.
- Honda Connect can be specified with optional Garmin satellite navigation, with pre-loaded maps, photo-real junction views, lane guidance, real-time traffic avoidance, 3D building and terrain views and Eco Routing. Free map updates will be provided for five years, a unique Honda benefit.
- Audio configurations vary by specification grade, ranging from a four-speaker system with a 160-watt output, through an eight-speaker version with a 180-watt output, to a premium system with 11 speakers and 465 watts of power.
A drive focused on you
The Civic 5 Door has been reimagined with a lighter, stiffer, lower and wider chassis for a sportier, more engaging drive. Its precisely engineered chassis uses advanced production techniques and intelligent material selection to give you ultimate control and stunning responses. And the tightly tuned aerodynamics grip you to the road for a more composed, secure experience at higher speeds. The new Civic responds immediately to your every touch. But it’s not simply about improving the connection between car, driver and road. The Civic has been developed to be more cossetting and refined than ever before, and the same improvements to its chassis stiffness and the sophistication of its suspension system ensure that it’s more comfortable and smoother riding than any previous Civic. It’s the most well-rounded Civic there’s ever been, in other words. A car for all people. A car for the world. Looking for a range topping Civic? Take a look at the Honda Civic Prestige.
Advanced 1.0 litre three-cylinder and 1.5 litre four-cylinder petrol engines feature cutting-edge VTEC TURBO technology to deliver a dynamic drive that is soulful and sporty, and fuel economy and emissions that are highly competitive. Both are available with a brand new six-speed manual gearbox with a crisp and direct gear change or a smooth and seamless CVT automatic. Great torque production at low and mid-range engine speeds improve everyday driveability, while the exciting power delivery and strong performance live up to the new Civic’s reputation as a driver’s car first and foremost.
- 1.0-litre three-cylinder turbocharged petrol with 129PS and 200Nm of torque made at just 2,250rpm
- 1.5-litre four-cylinder turbocharged petrol with 182PS and 250Nm of torque from 1,900rpm to 5,500rpm
The Honda Civic was made in Britain, See it being made in this new video:
Like what you see? Take a look at the Honda Civic Brochure for more information.