Honda e – the award-winning, pure electric Honda
We love the Honda e at Brayleys. It always makes us smile. That style, so unique amongst the electric cars for sale at Brayleys, is something very special. It was special enough to win a Red Dot award in 2020, their highest honour: Best of the Best 2020, as well as picking up another Red Dot award in the Smart Product category.
But it’s not only its brilliant design that has led to the Honda e taking so many awards. This all-electric city car has won over nine awards in total. These have included:
- German Car of the Year 2021 – the first time a Japanese car has won. Also, it took the New Energy award.
- TopGear City Car of the Year – “It’s impossible to do more than 100 miles in and around a city in a day, and the Honda is the happiest and best tool to do them.”
- Autocar Britain’s Best Cars Awards Best Car Tech – “… futuristic exterior looks are backed up by the kind of clever technology to which even Tesla would doff its cap.”
- The Sunday Times Motor Awards 2020 City / Small Car of the Year – “We loved its characterful exterior design and lounge-style interior, with its high-tech panoramic screens, but also the responsive motor and comfortable ride.”
- Which EV Awards 2020 EV Innovation Award – “The Honda e is packed with innovative tech and somehow managed to keep its concept car looks all the way through production.”
- Stuff Awards 2020 Electric Vehicle of the Year – “The ’70s-style dash and brown seatbelts play beautifully with a bank of five touchscreens, the transmission controls are just where you want them, and this is one EV where having cameras instead of wing mirrors actually works.”
- Southern Group of Motoring Writers’ Car of the Year 2021 “A well-thought out, fun-to-drive urban electric car. Highly loaded with technology and strikingly designed.”